Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
Recipe type: Soups
This is a slightly more "gourmet" soup. Rich in energy and vitamin a, this soup is a "solid" meal which will make baby feel satisfied. You will notice that she won't be hungry very quickly after she has "dined" on this one. As your baby approaches the 6th month, you can start adding ingredients like onions that have a strong flavour to improve the taste. You can add a dash of salt and pepper to this soup after your baby is 6 months old.
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped apple
- 2 tbsp peeled and chopped carrot
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped potatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot, potato and apple and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain using a strainer.
- Pour the purée into a non-stick pan. Add the salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve lukewarm.