Chinese Veg Soup
Recipe type: soups
Who does not like Clear Soup, with crunchy vegetable tidbits that tease your palate? Well, if you are a Clear Soup fan, you are sure to love this Oriental version, which is perked up with green chillies, soy sauce and vinegar. While this version has the same comforting texture as its continental counterpart, it happens to have a peppy flavour that is sure to rejuvenate your taste buds. Enjoy it hot and fresh and team it with Chilli Potatoes and a bowl of Broccoli and Capsicum Hakka Noodles .
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions whites and greens
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp vinega
- Combine the cornflour and 4 cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a high flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the water, cornflour solution, soy sauce, vinegar and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.