Thai Style Pumpkin Soup
Recipe type: soups
Red pumpkin is a favourite ingredient for making soups, all over the world. In fact, there are many renowned recipes like the Roman Style Pumpkin Soup . Here, we present a pumpkin soup with an oriental touch. The Thai Style Pumpkin Soup brims with multiple flavours, ranging from the spiciness of red curry paste to the pungency of onions and garlic. Vegetarian seasoning cubes make the aroma of the soup surge high, while coconut milk gives it the characteristic Thai touch. Serve this soup hot, garnished with coriander and seasoned with salt.
- 2½ cups red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu) cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 vegetarian seasoning cube
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk and vegetable seasoning cube along with 2 cups of water, mix well and cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly, blend it in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick, add the coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.