Lemon and Coriander Soup
Recipe type: soups
An unusual yet delicious, vitamin C rich soup which is as refreshing as its name.
- 1 recipe Thai Vegetable Stock
- ¼ cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup cabbage cubes
- ¼ cup sliced spring onion whites
- ¼ cup mushrooms (khumbh), sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion greens
- 1 green chilli, slit
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- For the garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the green chilli. Sauté for a few seconds and then discard the chilli.
- Add the carrots, cabbage and spring onion whites and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spring onion greens and serve hot garnished with the coriander and lemon juice.