Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe type: salads
Combine the starchy sweet potato with other vegetables to add fibre to your diet. Another addition to this wonderful salad is walnuts, which helps to strengthen the heart and the apples lend the necessary sweetness while avoiding unnecessary calories from sugar.
- 1 cup sweet potatoes (shakarkand), boiled and cubed
- ¾ cup apple cubes
- ½ cup walnuts (akhrot), chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup capsicum cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To be mixed together for the dressing
- ½ cup low fat curds (dahi)
- ½ tsp prepared mustard paste
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl an refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.