Recipe type: Snacks
Poha coated potato and mint flavoured starter. This couldn't be easier.
- 1 cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- ½ tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup plain flour (maida)
- ⅓ cup beaten rice (poha) , coarsely ground
- oil for deep-frying
- For Serving
- sweet and sour sauce
- Combine the potatoes, mint leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds powder, lemon juice and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape them into round balls. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour with a little water to make a thick and smooth paste and keep aside.
- Dip each potato ball in the flour paste and then roll in powdered rice flakes till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the potato balls a few at a time till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.