Recipe type: Snacks
Some ingredients like asparagus and parsley are rarely used in indian cuisine, so making interesting sandwiches like the asparagus bruschetta would ensure that such healthy greens are included in our diet—and in a tasty way too. Flavoured simply with paprika, this open sandwich brings scents of italy to your dining table. !
- 4 baguette slices
- 24 spears asparagus , cut 50 mm (2”) long , blanched
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- a pinch of dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- salt to taste
- Mix together the butter and parsley and apply the mixture on one side of each of the 4 slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (350°f) for 2 minutes till each is lightly toasted.
- Arrange 6 asparagus spears on each slice, top with the grated cheese and paprika and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (350°f) for 3 to 4 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.