Baked Dragon Rolls ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
Recipe type: Snacks
Hmm, just the name fires one’s imagination! get, set and feast on this baked version of dragon rolls. Although the outer covering is still made of maida, the calories that come out of deep-frying are eliminated, making this a 26-calorie joy ride!
- For The Filling (makes 1 Cup)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup finely sliced red capsicum
- ¼ cup parboiled bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp carrots , cut into juilennes
- a pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp schezuan sauce
- ½ tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp grated low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- Other Ingredients
- 5 samosa patties , readily available in the market
- 1 tbsp plain flour (maida) dissolved in ½ tbsp of water
- 1 tsp oil for greasing and brushing
- For Serving
- schezuan sauce
- For the filling
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, red capsicum, bean sprouts, carrot, sugar and salt, mix well and sauté on medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce and tomato ketchup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Cool slightly and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 equal pieces so as to make 15 pieces.
- Place a piece of the samosa patti on a flat dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- Roll each patti towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little flour paste to form a cylindrical shape as shown in the image.
- Brush a little oil on the rolls and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at the temperature of 180ºc (360ºf) for 30 minutes or till they turn brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with schezuan.