Baked Palak Methi Puris
Recipe type: Snacks
Low fat puris? Absolutely! This non-traditional way of making puris is not only delicious, but it makes them rich in vitamin A and iron.
- ½ cup chopped spinach (palak)
- ¼ cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- ¼ cup jowar (white millet) flour
- ¼ cup bajra (black millet) flour
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tbsp low fat curds (dahi)
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Combine the spinach and fenugreek, add salt and allow to rest for 10 minutes till the liquid is released. Use this liquid to bind the puri dough. Add all the other ingredients and knead into soft dough, using a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a thin circle of about 40 mm. (1½") diameter.
- Prick the rolled out puris with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the puris are golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.