Baked Pav Bhaji (Baked Spicy Vegetables On Toast)
Recipe type: Snacks
The Indian pav bhaji covered with a Western sauce.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tbsp chopped corriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1½ cups mixed vegetables, finely chopped
- 6 toast slices
- 2 potatoes, boiledand coarsely mashed
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- For the topping
- 2 tbsp beaten cream or ¾ cup White Sauce
- 4 to 5 tbsp grated processed cheese
- Melt the butter on a tava (griddle) and fry the onions until slightly brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander and green chillies and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables, potoatoes and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, sprinkling a little water from time to time
- Put the mixture in a baking dish, top with the beaten cream and cheese and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the toast in triangles, spread the mixture on top and serve hot.