Recipe type: Snacks
A popular tea party snack.
- For The Tartlets Cases
- 10 to 15 fresh bread slices
- soft butter
- For The Filling
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 1 slit green chilli , chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Topping
- 2 tbsp grated processed cheese
- chilli sauce
- For the tartlet cases:
- Remove the crust from the slices.
- Roll each slice with a rolling pin.
- Press the rolled slices into the cavities of a muffin tray which is lightly greased with butter.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in a hot oven at 230 degree c (450 degree f) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- For the filling:
- Heat the oil on a high flame, add the capsicum and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- How to proceed:
- Put a little filling in each tartlet case. Sprinkle a little cheese over it.
- Top with chilli sauce and serve.