Broccoli and Cheese Balls (kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
Recipe type: Snacks
A cheese delicacy that is sure to steal the hearts of young and old alike – hopefully, there shouldn’t be a war between the camps for more!
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ¾ cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- salt to taste
- 15 cubes of mozzarella cheese cut into 25 mm (1”) cube
- bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for deep-frying
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes till the broccoli is almost cooked.
- Remove from the flame, add the cornflour, potatoes and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression. Place a mozzarella cheese cube in the centre of each round and roll again to form a ball.
- Roll each ball in bread crumbs in such a way that the balls are evenly coated from all sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry the balls, till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.