Recipe type: Snacks
A protein rich chaat that can be carried to school in the snack box, chanachaat can be prepared quickly and easily provided you soak the chana the previous night itself. Paneer and tomato ketchup give a different feel to this chaat making it very appealing to kids.
- Dry green bengal gram ( hara chana),soaked overnight 1½ cups
- •Onions,chopped 2 medium
- •Tomatoes,chopped 2 medium
- •Green chillies,chopped 2-3
- •Fresh coriander leaves,chopped 2 tablespoons
- •Black salt (kala namak) to taste
- •Roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- •Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- •Red chilli powder ½ teaspoon
- •Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- - See more at: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/green-chana-chaat---chaat.aspx#sthash.uAmBREcI.dpuf
- Pressure cook soaked green chana in three cups of water till two to three whistles or till done. Transfer them into a kadai and simmer till all the water evaporates. Take the hot chana in a bowl. Add onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, black salt, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, red chilli powder and lemon juice and mix well. Serve immediately.