Green Garlic Pakoda
Recipe type: Snacks
Green Garlic Pakoda is a Healthy Cold Weather Snack. The green garlic stalks which I used are picked up from my kitchen garden. The health benefits of green garlic are various. Enjoy the pakodas with a cup of hot tea.
- 1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- ¼ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 1 cup finely chopped green garlic (hara lehsun) ((organic)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- water as required to prepare a medium thick batter
- oil for deep frying.
- Combine besan, rice flour, salt, green garlic, onions, green chillies in a deep bowl.
- Add just enough water to make a medium thick batter. Mix this mixture very well so that no lumps remain.
- Heat oil in a pan over high flame. Add spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil to form pakodas.
- Over low to medium flame , fry the pakodas on one side. When the pakodas are a bit cooked turn over with the help of a slotted spoon. Continue to fry them until they turn crispy and are golden brown in color.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.