Homemade Whole Wheat Burger Buns
Recipe type: Snacks
Bread making is an art, albeit a very enjoyable and satisfying one. It requires a bit of practice but completely worth the effort because the aroma of freshly-baked breads and buns is sure to delight the senses, and the scene gets even happier when you watch your loved ones savour the homemade breads. This recipe shows you how to make Homemade Whole Wheat Burger Buns. Just follow the recipe exactly and you will end up with a great product. Once the buns are ready, grease them with olive oil and keep them covered with a damp muslin cloth till you are ready to make those yummy burgers. This will ensure that the buns remain super soft! You can use the homemade whole wheat burger buns to make delightful treats like the Burger Bun Open Pizza or Paneer and Green Peas Burger .
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ½ tbsp instant dry yeast
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup milk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp milk for brushing
- 1½ tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1½ tsp olive oil for brushing
- Combine the yeast, 1 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a deep bowl, mix well and cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, milk powder, remaining ½ tbsp of sugar, salt and the prepared yeast mixture, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Add the olive oil and knead well till smooth.
- Transfer the dough into a deep bowl and cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Put the dough onto a dusted board and knead again using little flour till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a smooth round. Place them on a baking tray at regular intervals.
- Cover it again with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Brush the dough with little milk and sprinkle ¼ tsp of sesame seeds over each bun.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Brush ¼ tsp of olive oil evenly over each burger bun.
- Cover it with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Serve or use as required.