idli chaat recipe
Recipe type: chaat
idli chaat – pan fried crisp idlis topped with chutneys, onions and sev.
- 9 to 10 idlis
- 1 small onion finely, chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped (optional)
- 1 or 2 tbsp curd – dairy or vegan (optional) or as required
- 1 or 2 tbsp mint-coriander chutney or as required
- 1 or 2 tbsp sweet chaat chutney or as required
- 1 tbsp boondi (fried gram flour balls) – optional
- a generous pinch of red chili powder
- chaat masala as required
- roasted cumin powder as required
- fine sev (fried gram flour vermicelli) for garnishing
- black salt or rock salt as required
- 2 to 3 tsp oil for frying the idlis
- a few chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- cut the idli into bite sized pieces.
- heat oil in a frying pan.
- pan fry the idli on medium heat, till they are golden brown & crisp.
- if you have used too much oil for frying then drain the idlis on paper napkins.
- place the fried idlis on a plate.
- add finely chopped onions on top and if you want then you can also add very finely chopped tomatoes too.
- if you want to use curd then spread a layer of curd on top of idli.
- put mint-coriander chutney and sweet chutney on top of it.
- sprinkle some sev, salt, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala on top.
- garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- serve the idli chaat immediately.