Moong dal bhajiya recipe
Recipe type: Snacks
moong dal bhajiya recipe - mildly spiced fried fritters made from yellow mung lentils.
- 1 cup moong dal/yellow mung lentils
- 1 or 2 green chilies, chopped roughly
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1 tsp whole black pepper/sabut kalimirch
- 1 tsp coriander seeds/sabut dhania
- ⅛th cup water or as required
- salt as required
- oil for deep frying or shallow frying
- soak moong dal in enough water for about 3-4 hours or overnight. drain the water and add them to the grinder.
- add the chopped green chilies, ginger and asafeotida. add water and grind to a smooth paste. you can add some more water if required.
- coarsely crush the black pepper and coriander seeds in a mortar-pestle.
- add these to the ground moong dal batter. add salt and mix well.
- stir the batter vigorously for a few minutes.
- heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- drop spoonfuls of the moong dal batter in medium hot oil and fry till crisp and golden.
- drain the moong dal bhajiya on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- serve the moong dal bhajiyas hot or warm with coriander chutney, tamarind chutney or just plain tomato ketchup.