sweet paniyaram recipe
Recipe type: Snacks
crisp, soft and porous sweet paniyaram made with leftover idli batter. vegan & gluten free snack.
- 2 cups idli batter
- 6-8 tbsp organic powdered jaggery or as required
- ½ cup grated fresh or frozen coconut or unsweetened dessicated coconut
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 cardamoms, powdered or ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- sesame or coconut or sunflower oil for frying
- mix all the ingredients.
- heat the paniyaram pan.
- add a few drops of oil.
- now add the spoonful of the batter till ¾th of the mould.
- cook the dumplings till they become golden brown from all sides.
- serve sweet paniyaram hot or warm.
- if not serving immediately, then keep the sweet paniyarams in a casserole, so that they remain warm and soft.
the jaggery i use is organic jaggery powder and does not have impurities. if there are impurities then just melt the jaggery and filter it. once the mixture cools down, then add this to the idli batter.