Custard Apple Ice Cream Recipe
Recipe type: sweets
- 1 cup custard apple pulp
- 1 cup fresh milk (boiled and cooled)
- 1 cup crushed marie biscuits
- 6 tbsp sugar
- Wash the custard apples in water. Dry them with a cloth. Now open it up and peel the fleshy pulp from the seeds. This will take some time as you will have to peel the flesh from each and every seed. Collect the pulp in a container. Around 3-4 custard apples will give you 1 cup of pulp. This is the only time consuming part. After this everything is quick and easy.
- Take the fresh milk in your mixer jar or bowl if your are using a hand mixer or blender. Now add the crushed Marie biscuits
- Add the custard apple pulp and the sugar.
- Blend all the ingredients till everything is nicely mixed. Check the sugar. If less, than add a few more tablespoons of sugar.
- The ice cream mixture is thick and creamy….and………. looks like an ice cream mixture Pour the contents into container with a tight fitting lid.
- Place it in the freezer till partially set. For a softer texture, remove from freezer and whip the mixture in your mixer for ½ minute. Pour into the container again and refreeze the ice cream. If you are a lazy person like me, you don’t have to whip it I did not and still the custard apple ice cream tasted great.
- Serve the Custard Apple Ice Cream as it is…… that is plain… or if you want you can top it up with a topping or sauce of your choice.