Recipe type: Tips
Mayonnaise is an emulsion of oil, egg yolk and either vinegar or lemon juice, with other herbs and spices.
- Salt 1 To Taste
- Sugar (optional) 1 To Taste
- Mustard Pdr 1 Pinch
- Vinegar 1 Tablespoons
- Pepper Pdr 1 Pinch
- Lime Juice ½ Numbers
- Egg Yolk 2 Numbers
- In a bowl seperate eggs yolk & egg white.
- Add mustard powder,pepper powder,lemon juice,vinegar & salt to the egg yolk.Whisk it well .
- Slowly add oil & contiue whisking the egg yolk. [Note:- continuous stirring will avoid curdling to take place]
- Thick mayonnaise is ready. Alternative to curdled mayonnaise :- Use the curdled mixture in another bowl use this in place of oil for fresh egg yolks. Continuous whisking is the key to get thick mayonnaise.