Cabbage Kofta Curry
Recipe type: Curries
Cabbage Kofta curry is a fine mughlai dish with less fat combined with cabbage and channa dal made in spiced yoghurt saucy gravy.
- Cabbage ½ Numbers
- Chana Daal Boiled 3 Teaspoons
- Green Chilli Finely Chopped 1 Numbers
- Besan For Binding ½ Teaspoons
- Onion Chopped 1
- Shahi Jeera ½
- Ginger Garlic Paste tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder 1½ Tablespoons
- Cumin Power 1 Teaspoons
- Cashew Powder 2 Tablespoons
- Yoghurt Beated ½ to ¾ Cup
- Dry Mint Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Boil some water in a pan,then add the finely chopped cabbage.boil the chana daal till its 70% done.add the chana daal to the steaming cabbage,cover and cook till the cabbage is soft and cooked completely and also the daal.cooking cabbage properly is neccessary so that the koftas don't break while frying.
- when they are well done put them on a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the water from it.reserve the water don't throw.Noiw take the cabbage and chana daal,to it add pinch of shahi jeera,red chilli powder,chopped green chilli,salt,little besan and mix everything so that you can make small balls of it ready to fry.
- heat the oil on slow flame,avoid heating oil too hot.drop them in oil and fry them on slow heattill they get golden brow,remove them and set aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan,add shahi jeera and then onion,little salt and cook the onions till they are
- slightly brown.then add the turmeric and ginger garlic paste,when g-g paste is cooked add the
- reserved water to it.then add the red chilli pwdr,coriander pwdr and cumin powder and mix
- well and then add the beated yoghurt to it and bring it to nice boil till gravy is cooked.
- gravy is done when the froth coming disappears completely.when it come to boil and thickens
- little add the powdered cashewnuts which will further thicken the gravy to a nice consistency.
- then add the dried mint powder and let it cook and thicken.add the koftas and garnish with
- green coriander.