Cauliflower Spinach Curry - Cauliflower Palakura tho Kura
Recipe type: Curries
Cauliflower is broken into small florets and the florets are cooked in flavored oil till soft. Then it is fried along with powdered spices and dill leaves and some freshly chopped tomatoes. Serve cauliflower dill curry with steamed rice and dollop of ghee or with roti or chapati etc…
- Cauliflower 1 Small Head
- Spinach Leaves 1½ Cups Packed
- Garlic 2 Cloves
- Coriander Powder ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder ¼ – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder a big Pinch
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Urad Dal ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves 5
- Oil 2 Tbsps
- Remove outer leaves, hard stem and break the cauliflower into small florets.
- Thoroughly wash the cauliflower florets.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Separate, wash and finely chop the spinach leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all talimpu ingredients in order.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering, add garlic and cauliflower florets.
- Stir and cook covered on low flame for around 5 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and fry on medium high flame to make the florets turn light brown around the ends.
- Make a space in the middle of the pan and add a tsp of oil.
- Add the spinach leaves and fry till the spinach wilt.
- Stir spinach leaves with cauliflower florets.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry for couple of seconds and remove from heat.
- Serve cauliflower spinach curry with steamed rice or with roti.
Make sure cauliflower is cooked well before adding spinach. Suggestions: If cauliflower is not cooked properly, cook covered on low flame till done. Add a tsp of water to the cauliflower if required for moisture.