Chana Palak ( Healthy Subzi Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
Here's a great way to combine dals, legumes and vegetables in an easy manner. Serve this subzi with hot rotis and curds to square up a balanced meal.
- To Be Ground Into A Paste
- 3 onions
- 8 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 1 ginger piece (25 mm , 1 " long)
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped brinjals (baingan / eggplant)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the brinjal and saute the brinjal pieces in it.
- Sprinkle a little water, cover and cook on a slow flame until the brinjal pieces are soft. Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water and put the tomatoes in it for 10 minutes. Peel and chop them roughly.
- Combine the brinjal and tomatoes and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared paste, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared tomato-brinjal mixture, garam masala and red chilli powder and saute on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the kabuli chana, amchur, coriander-cumin seed powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings and coriander.