Chinese Chili Sauce
Recipe type: Pickles
Chinese Chili Sauce is a versatile sauce to have in your refrigerator for “anytime” use. Try this quick and easy recipe for Chinese Chili Sauce and have it on hand the next time you make a Chinese or Indian Chinese dish. It also makes a great dipping sauce for egg rolls or summer rolls.
- Whole Dried Red Chilies – 10
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Garlic – 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Brown Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
- White Vinegar – 4 Tbsp
- Sesame Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Break Whole Dry Red Chilies in half and soak them in hot water for 20 minutes to soften.
- Drain off water and place soaked chilies in a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients (except Sesame Oil) to the blender and grind to desired texture (fine or coarse).
- Remove chili paste into a small bowl.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a small skillet until it starts to smoke.
- Pour hot Sesame Oil over the chili paste and mix well.
- Store in an air tight bottle or container in the refrigerator until ready to use.