French Beans In Coconut Gravy
Recipe type: Curries
The crunchiness of peanuts along with coconut milk makes this a tasty vegetable.
- 400 gms french beans
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1 coconut
- 3 to 4 green chillies, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp lightly roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Scrape out the coconut meat, add the green chillies and 2 cups of water. Blend in a blender and strain.
- String the french beans and slice them diagonally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil, add the asafoetida and the french beans.
- Add ¾ cup of water and the soda bi-carb. Cook on a slow flame until the french beans are soft.
- Add the roasted peanuts, coconut milk and salt to the cooked french beans and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.