Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi
Recipe type: Curries
The benefits of fibre-rich cluster beans are enhanced by the introduction of flavour-imparting garlic, which also keeps a check on blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- 2 cups cluster beans (gavarfali), cut into 25 mm. (1") pieces
- a pinch of soda bi-carb (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 4 cloves of garlic (lehsun), crushed
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste and garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the cluster beans and 3 to 4 tablespoon of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Cool completely.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker and add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder and salt and cook for the another 3 to 4 minutes or till all the water evaporates.
- Serve hot.