Khatta Meetha Cabbage Curry
Recipe type: Curries
This recipe is of my grandmother. This is from godavari regeion of andhrapradesh. This goes very well with hot rice with little seaseme oil or ghee.
- 2½ cups chopped cabbage
- 2 tsp chopped green chillies
- 3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- 1 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- salt to taste
- 14 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Boil the cabbage in little salted water till soft. keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana dal,urad dal,green chillies,red chillies ,curry leaves and groundnuts and saute for a while.
- Add the turmeric powder and boiled cabbage and mix well.
- Add tamrind pulp and little salt and mix well.
- Add the jaggery and little water if required, mix well and cover and cook for five minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add the mustard paste and mix well and cover with lid for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.