Mix Veg Curry
Recipe type: Curries
A wonderful dish with the goodness of your favorite veggies. There is no unified set of vegetables that we need to make this recipe. This dish can be prepared with seasonal veggies or with the ones we like. In my case i have used potato, beans and brinjal. Lots of variations can be made to this dish. Hope you enjoy it.
- 3 boiled and chopped potatoes
- 3 chopped brinjal (baingan / eggplant)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 200 gms chopped french beans
- 2 to 3 chopped onions
- 1 chopped capsicum (optional)
- 2-3 whole dry kashmiri red chilli
- 2-3 slit green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the asafoetida, dry red chilli and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Once the masala is cooked, potatoes, beans and brinjal and mix well.
- Add salt, amchoor powder and half cup of water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis, phulkas or rice.