Orange Peel Pachadi
Recipe type: veg-recipes
- Orange Peels - 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Tamarind - Lemon sized (soaked in water)
- Kulambu Milagai Tool/Sambhar Powder - 1 tblsp
- Jaggery - 2 tblsp (powdered)
- Salt - as required
- For tempering:
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek (Methi) seeds - ¼ tsp
- Dry red Chillies/Green Chillies - 2
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Heat oil in a kadai and crackle the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the orange peels and saute it for few minutes.
- Add the sambhar powder and fry for a minute.
- Next add the tamarind water, powdered jaggery and required salt.
- Let the gravy boil. Lower the heat and cook till the gravy turns syrupy and thick.
- Switch off. Serve with curd rice or with white rice and some curry.
- You can also make it as a sweet orange peel chutney and use as a dip.