Paneer jalfrezi recipe
Recipe type: veg recipes
paneer vegetable jalfrezi - tangy, mild and semi dry dish of paneer cooked with vegetables.
- 1 small to medium carrot, 50 gms
- 9 to 10 baby corn, 50 gms
- 1 medium to large capsicum/green bell pepper, 80 to 100 gms
- 1 large onion, 100 gms
- 1 medium to large tomato, 80 to 100 gms - about 4 to 5 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 inch ginger, crushed to a paste in a mortar-pestle or minced or 1.5 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 dry red chilies
- ½ tsp white vinegar or apple cider - you can also add more or less depending on your taste
- ½ tsp sugar or as required
- salt as required
- ½ to 1 tbsp chopped coriander or parsley for garnish
- rinse and peel the carrots and onions.
- thinly slice the onions, slice the carrot into thin strips or shred them in a food processor.
- slice the baby corn and and bell peppers, thinly.
- thinly slicing the vegetables, helps them to cook faster.
- crush the ginger to a paste in a mortar-pestle or grate/mince it.
- chop the paneer into fingers.
- heat oil in a pan. add the ginger paste and dry red chilies.
- saute till the raw aroma of the ginger paste goes away.
- add the sliced onions. saute for two to three minutes and then add the cumin powder and black pepper powder.
- stir and saute the onions for a further 3 minutes.
- add all the sliced veggies. stir well. cover and cook the veggies on a low flame, till they are almost tender. keep on stirring in between. no need to add any water while cooking the vegetables. cook the vegetables covered, for about 10 to 12 mins on a low heat.
- meanwhile make puree of the tomatoes in a blender. no need to blanch the tomatoes.
- add the tomato puree to the veggies.
- simmer without the lid till the rawness of the tomatoes goes away and the vegetables are completely cooked. about 6 to 7 minutes on a low flame.
- season with salt, sugar and vinegar. lastly add the paneer. stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- garnish with coriander leaves or parsley leaves. serve paneer jalfrezi hot.