Cauliflower Mango Pickle
Recipe type: Pickles
Cauliflower is washed and chopped into pieces. It is then mixed with spice powders along with grated raw mango. Finally oil with fried spices is added to the cauliflower mixture. Serve cauliflower mango pickle with steamed rice or with idly etc…
- Cauliflower ½ of Small Head
- Red Chili Powdder ¼ Cup
- Raw Mango 1 Small
- Lemon Juice 1 – 2 Tbsps
- Salt ⅛ Cup
- Chana Dal ¼ tsp
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Urad Dal ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida a Big Pinch
- Oil ⅛ Cup
- Peel and grate the raw mango (app. ½ Cup).
- Remove outer leaves, wash and pat dry cauliflower.
- Chop cauliflower into around inch long pieces (around 2 Cups).
- Heat oil in a pan, add all talimpu ingredients in order.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering and chana dal turns brown, remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together red chili powder and salt.
- Stir in cauliflower and raw mango and then the hot oil with all the spices.
- Mix well and stir in lemon juice.
- Keep aside for around an hour to mature.
- Serve cauliflower mango pickle with steamed rice or with idly etc…
Make sure raw mango is sour enough. Suggestions: Adjust the amount of lemon juice according to sourness of the mango.