Fried Mango Pickle
Recipe type: Pickles
Raw mango is chopped up and fried in oil till just soft. It is then added to a mixture of powdered spices. Mango pickle is finished with oil seasoned with mustard seeds and garlic cloves. Store fried mango pickle in a dry tight jar and it stays fresh for couple of months.
- Raw Mango 1 Small
- Mustard Seeds 2 Tbsps
- Red Chili Powder 2 Tbsps
- Fenugreek Seeds Powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1½ Tbsp
- Garlic 5 – 7 Cloves
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Oil ½ Cup
- Wash the mango and pat it dry.
- Chop the mango along with the skin into small pieces.
- Grind mustard seeds into fine powder.
- Peel and lightly crush the garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- When oil gets hot, add chopped mango.
- Fry the mango till the skin changes color and it turns soft but whole.
- In a mixing bowl, mix mustard seeds powder, red chili powder, roasted fenugreek seeds powder and salt.
- Add the fried mango and mix well.
- Pour the oil with garlic and mustard seeds into the mango mixture.
- Stir well and let the mango pickle sit for at least half an hour before using.
- Store fried mango pickle in a dry tight jar and it stays fresh for couple of months.
Make sure raw mango is sour enough. Suggestions: Adjust the salt according to sourness of the mango.