Idli podi gun powder
Recipe type: Pickles
Idli Podi is a coarse mixture of ground dry spices that typically contains dried chillies, urad, chickpea and sesame seeds. Tamils traditionally use idli podi as a condiment on idlis, dosas and other South Indian dishes.
- Tamarind(whole) few Piece
- Coriander Seeds(optional) 1 Tablespoons
- Urad Dal ½ Cup
- Pepper Corns ½ Teaspoons
- Hing Pinch
- Methi Seeds Pinch
- Mustard Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Red Chilli(Whole) 10 Numbers
- Chana Dal 1 Cup
- Garic (optional) few Piece
- Oil To Fry
- Salt To Taste
- Curry Leaves few
- In a pan put oil ,red chillies ,chana dal,mustard seeds & methi seeds.Mix well .
- Add pepper corns & when chana dal gets golden add urad dal,coriander seeds.Cook slowly & well to ensure every indgrediant is cooked well.
- Add tamarind,garlic pieces,hing powder,salt & curry leaves to the mixture.Mix well & cook it on a low flame.
- As the entire mixture becomes golden in color switch off the flame.Keep mixing till it has cooled down.
- Blend the mixture in a blender & add salt if required.
- Idli powder is ready to be smeared on idlis .