Red bean and pumpkin curry
Recipe type: Curries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 625g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 800g can peeled tomatoes
- 440g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- warm naan bread, to serve
- mango chutney, to serve
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic cloves. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Add pumpkin. Cook 3 minutes, stirring. Stir in curry powder. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and roughly chop, using a metal spoon. Stir in kidney beans. Cover and bring to the boil, stirring often. Gently boil over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Toss through spinach, cooking until just wilted. Spoon curry into serving bowls. Serve with naan bread and chutne