sirke wale pyaaz or pickled onions
Recipe type: Pickles
sirke wale pyaaz or pickled onions – sour & lightly sweet in taste,
- 15-20 small red onions or shallots
- 1 tsp white vinegar or apple cider or balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ tsp salt or as required
- peel and rinse the onions.
- place all the onions in a glass jar or ceramic jar or any non reactive jar.
- add the vinegar, water and salt to the onions.
- shake the bottle.
- let the onion sit in the vinegar-salt solution for 2-3 days.
- shake the bottle 2-3 times in a day.
- serve the sirke wala pyaaz with any indian main course.
- refrigerate after the onions are pickled.