tandoori aloo or aloo tikka recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
marinated oven roasted baby potatoes
- 12-15 baby potatoes or chote aloo
- ¾ cup or 1 cup cashew curd or milk yogurt
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tbsp garlic ginger paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi leaves/dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- black salt or salt as required
- oil as required
- rinse the baby potatoes well. do not peel them.
- parboil these in a pan or pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles. halve them into two.
- mix everything with the yogurt except oil.
- now marinate the baby potatoes with the yogurt and keep for 1 hour in the fridge.
- grease a pan or tray and bake the aloos with some oil drizzled for 25-30 minutes for 180 degrees C.
- sprinkle some black salt, chaat masala and lemon juice or lemon slices.
- serve tandoori aloo hot with some mint chutney.
to give a deeper red color to the tandoori aloo, add kashmiri red chili powder. for a no garlic version, simply skip the garlic in the marination.