Tasty Mango Curry
Recipe type: Curries
In summer when raw mango is available in abundance and are bored of vegetables try this delicious tangy mango curry. The addition of jaggery imparts a slight sweetness and reduces the sourness of the raw mangoes making it more pleasing to the palate and a perfect combination to go with rotis and puris.
- ½ kg raw mango , peeled and chopped
- 2 onions , chopped
- 1 tbsp jaggery (gur)
- ginger (adrak) , chopped
- 6 whole dry Kashmiri red chilies
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- Roast the cumin seeds and blend in a mixer along with red chillies, ginger and garlic to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the prepared paste and turmeric and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the jaggery and mango pieces, mix well and add 2 cups water, cover and cook till gravy becomes thick.
- Serve hot.