Recipe type: veg -recipes
- Black Ulavalu 250 Grams
- Tamarind, Soaked In Hot Water 25 Grams
- Green Chilies 3 Numbers
- Curry Leaves 1 Bunch
- Salt To Taste
- Red Chilies 2 Numbers
- Cumin Seeds 5 Grams
- Mustard Seeds 5 Grams
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Wash ulavalu well and soak in water for 6 hours. Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook them for 30-40 minutes. Separate the water from the seeds and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry red chilies, mustard and cumin seeds, curry leaves for 1 minute and add tamarind water.
- Then add the boiled water, salt, green chilies and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Now blend the boiled seeds (ulavalu) to a fine paste and add to the tamarind water. Mix well and cook until a thick gravy is formed.
- Remove from heat and serve with idlis or rice.
- This can also be served as soup with cream on it.