Yerra Gummadikaya Kura Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Yerra Gummadikaya Kura recipe using our easy to make homemade Yerra Gummadikaya Kura recipes. Try this homemade Yerra Gummadikaya Kura cooking recipe at your home
- 3 cups of peeled and cubed pumpkin
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 tbsp grated jaggery
- 2 green chillies slit
- 2 dry red chillies seedless and split into two
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black gram
- 10 cloves garlic slightly mashed
- 10 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add cumin seeds, dry red chillies, black gram, garlic and curry leaves and fry till light brown.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Add the cubed pumpkins, tomatoes, turmeric and salt and let it cook covered on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and jaggery and mix well.Add ½ cup water,cover and cook on slow fire till pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti/rice.