Baked eggs with gravlax soldiers
Recipe type: Breakfast
Anyone entertaining overnight guests will appreciate this recipe for baked eggs.
- 300g creme fraiche
- 150g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 8 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 8 tarragon or dill sprigs
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 20g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 150g gravlax or smoked salmon slices
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place creme fraiche and goat's cheese in a bowl, season and mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among 8 ramekins and crack an egg into each. Place a tomato and a tarragon sprig in each ramekin.
- Place moulds in a roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 15-20 minutes until yolks are just set.
- Meanwhile, toast bread, then butter. Arrange gravlax on top, then cut each slice into 3 fingers. Serve with the baked eggs.