Cucumber Soya Pancake
Recipe type: Breakfast
Juicy cucumber with semolina and nutty soya flour, bring them all together and you have a fantastic pancake that is sure to make your day! these sumptuous cucumber soya pancakes are simply flavoured with green chillies and coriander. Cucumber also possesses antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, adding to the goodness of this pancake. Serve hot with nutritious green chutney for a punchy combination.
- 1 cup thickly grated cucumber
- ½ cup soya flour
- ½ cup semolina (rava)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp low-fat curds
- salt to taste
- 2¼ tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- For Serving
- nutritious green chutney
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make a pancake of 125 mm. (5”) in diameter circle.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with nutritious green chutney.