Baked spinach and tomato omelette
Recipe type: Breakfast
This layered vegetarian omelette tastes as good as it looks.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g baby spinach, cooled, wilted
- 200ml thickened cream
- 1 tbs grated vegetarian hard cheese
- 10 eggs
- 190g jar sundried tomato pesto
- 2 tbs cream
- 2 tbs vegetarian hard cheese
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 1-litre terrine. Chop onion and garlic clove. Fry in oil over medium-low heat for 3 minutes until softened. Add spinach, then puree in a processor with cream 1 tbs parmesan. Season, then beat in 5 eggs. Lightly beat 5 more eggs with tomato pesto, cream and 1 tbs vegetarian hard cheese. Season. Pour half tomato mix into terrine.
- Place in a roasting pan, then pour in water to halfway up sides of terrine. Bake 10 minutes to set. Repeat layers, baking half green mix then remaining red for 10 minutes each. Add last green layer. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool, turn out and slice.