Banana Nut Bread – Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
Banana Nut Bread is a delicious breakfast or snack option. The whole wheat flour used in this recipe makes it even a better and healthier choice. Look out for the twist… tangy cranberries! Yum!
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Ripe Bananas – 3, mashed
- Butter – ½ stick (2 oz), melted
- Egg – 1, well beaten
- Sugar – ½ cup (1 cup optional)
- Applesauce – 4 oz (1/2 cup), plain or flavored
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Pecans or Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped
- Dried Cranberries – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients so there are no lumps: Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Soda
- Add Butter, Egg, Applesauce, Vanilla Extract, Mashed Bananas and mix well to form batter.
- Add in chopped Nuts and Cranberries and mix again.
- Pour batter into a greased bread loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 1 hour. (Be sure to keep an eye on the bread as all ovens are different)
- Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Banana Nut Bread keeps well in the refrigerator for about a week. Toast a slice in your toaster oven and spread a little butter on top before serving.2
Banana Nut Bread freezes well in a ziplock bag – remove air from the bag before freezing.