Banana pancakes with coconut cream
Recipe type: Breakfast
Shake up some pancake mix with bananas and coconut cream for an easy breakfast idea.
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thin cream, chilled
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 x 165ml can coconut cream
- 250ml (1 cup) cold water
- 1 x 200g bottle pancake shake mix (Green's brand)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, thinly sliced
- Use an electric beater to whip the cream and caster sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add the coconut cream and whip until firm peaks form. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, add water to the pancake mixture and mix according to the packet directions. Heat a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over high heat. Pour one-quarter of the batter into the pan so it just covers the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining batter.
- To serve, fold pancakes in half and place on serving plates. Divide the banana evenly among pancakes. Fold over to enclose filling and serve with coconut cream.