Banana and walnut muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
Start your day the healthy way with these gluten-free banana and walnut muffins.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup fruit-flavoured yoghurt, (eg. mango, apricot)
- 2 eggs
- 60g melted butter or margarine
- 2 cups Healtheries Wheat & Gluten Free Muesli
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup Healtheries Wheat & Gluten Free Muesli, extra
- Peel bananas. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Place into a large bowl with sugar, yoghurt, eggs and butter. Stir well to combine.
- Add muesli, flour, baking powder and walnuts to banana mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into greased cups of a muffin tin. Sprinkle with extra muesli. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool. Store in an airtight container.