Bread Peas Poha
Recipe type: Breakfast
A simple, energy packed and eye catching breakfast item, the Bread peas poha has the soaked bread slices cooked with green peas , onion and served tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and chillies.
- 1 packet of bread slices
- 100 gms green peas
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- curry leaves (kadi patta)
- asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and sugar to taste
- coriander (dhania) leaves for garnishing
- grated coconut for garnishing
- cut bread slices into tiny squares of .5 mm (approx).
- in a kadai take oil and put mutard seeds.when they craclke add jeera, green chillies,curry leaves, and hing.
- then add green peas and turmeric. cover and cook till peas are boiled.
- then add bread and mix well.
- add salt and sugar as per taste and then squeeze a few lemon drops on top.
- garnish with coriander leaves end coconut.