Recipe type: Breakfast
Gobi or cauliflower grows abundantly in the punjab. This vegetable is enjoyed by people of all ages and is a specialty at most celebration and religious gatherings. gobi has been combined with a masala and used as a stuffing for a parathas. Serve these hot golden brown parathas glistening with ghee, with some plain curd or pickle.
- Chilly Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Pepper Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Salt To Taste
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Butter 3 Tablespoons
- Cauliflower (medium Size) 1 Numbers
- Amtur Powder ½ Teaspoons
- Coriander Chopped ½ Bunch
- Wheat Flour 1½ Cup
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, oil, salt, mix it with water make a soft dough, cover this dough with wet cloth and rest it for 15 minutes.
- Take another bowl add butter, pepper powder, jeera powder (cumin seed powder), amtur powder, chilly powder, salt, chopped coriander mix it well. Add grated cauliflower, mix this well and divide the mixtrure in to equal portions.
- Stuffing has to be more then the dough. After resting dough divide in to equal portions, take the dough ball with the help of the fingers make a small disk, place one portion of the cauliflower stuffing in the center of the dough and seal it, flatten the stuffed ball and dip it into the dry flour on both sides, using a rolling pin, roll out the stuffed ball into a round shape.
- Place the rolled paratha on the heated griddle, using very little butter cook it on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve this with curd.