Chicken Carbonara with Bacon
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Carbonara Sauce
- ½ pound Salvaggio’s thick pepper bacon
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. your choice of pasta (fettuccini)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in sauté pan. Toast breadcrumbs and walnuts in oil for 5 minutes. Toss mixture with parsley and zest. Season with salt and set aside.
- Sauté bacon in a large pan until crisp. Transfer to a plate, leaving a little bacon grease in the pan. Add chicken pieces to the same pan. Sauté 3 minutes per side. Add garlic to pan. Deglaze pan with wine and lemon. Reduce until liquid is nearly evaporated, about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook pasta.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, parmesan and cream. Add the chicken and add the bacon back to the pan.
- Add the pasta. Toss mixture to coat all the ingredients. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top of pasta.