Crispy Bread Cups
Recipe type: Breakfast
A sumptuous bread delight!! these tasty calcium rich cups can equally work well as appetizers to a main meal.
- For The Toast Cases
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tsp low fat butter
- For The Filling
- 1½ cups corn (makai ke dane) , cooked
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For Baking
- 4 tsp grated processed cheese
- For the toast cases
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam them for 5 to 7 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Roll out a little and press into the cavities of a muffin tray which is greased with butter.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- For the filling
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Add the capsicum and green chillies and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, milk, cornflour and salt and cook till the mixture thickens. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Fill a little mixture in each toast case, sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.