Moong Dal Paratha
Recipe type: Breakfast
Moong dal with potatoes cooked in whole wheat flour to make a filling and healthy paratha. Serve hot with curds.
- ½ cup moong dal (split green gram) (split green gram) with skin
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 large potato , boiled and mashed
- 2 tsp coarsely powdered coriander (dhania) seeds
- 3 green chillies , finely chopped
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Cooking
- 4 tsp oil
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough adding enough water.
- Roll out into thick rotis and cook each roti on a non-stick tava (griddle) on both sides with a little oil until pink spots appear on top.
- Serve hot with curds.